Warning! You are viewing an older version of Alpaca Guides. View the latest
It is sometimes necessary to replace an endpoint due to hardware failure or equipment upgrade. Without this tool, equipment replacement required that all of the users be removed from the old device, the old device needed to be deleted, a new device was created, and all of the users were reprovisioned on the new device. BroadWorks device tags were lost along with speed dials and calls lists.
The Device Migration tool provides the functionality of modifying an Access Device’s MAC address and Device Type while retaining settings, assigned Users, configuration files, and custom tags.
- Retrieval of Device Information
- Retrieve Access Device configuration files
- Retrieve Access Device tags
- Check MAC availability within System
- Send reset command to Access Device
- Unassign Users from the Access Device
- Delete the original Access Device
- Create the new Access Device with desired settings
- Add Access Device tags
- Reassign Users
- Add Access Device custom files
- Rebuild the Access Device configuration
Requirements for a valid Device Migration are checked upon beginning a Device Migration.
- Available MAC Address
- The MAC address that is selected must be available across the BroadWorks system.
- Device File Availability
- All non-custom Device configuration files must be accessible by Alpaca during the initial loading of device information.