User Collection Migration
The User Collection Migration location allows the simultaneous migration of multiple Users that may have some entanglements from one Group to another. An example would be Users with a shared device. In a regular User Migration if the User has a shared device then the migration would be encumbered. In a User Collection Migration we are able to move both Users as well as the device they share.
User Collection Migration can be accessed via the Group To Enterprise Migration button within the Actions tab on Group page. Note that you can return to any previously completed step by clicking the check mark next to the step name.
- Once on the User Collection Migration page, choose the Group you wish to migrate the Users to.
- In the next step, drag all of the Users that you wish to migrate over to the right drag and drop panel.
- Click Next Step to begin the encumbrance check. If no encumbrances are found, the next step will appear. Otherwise you may not proceed until the encumbrances are resolved.
- The requirement checks will begin right after the encumbrance checks pass. If no requirements are found, the next step will appear. Otherwise you may not proceed until the requirements are resolved.
- If all checks pass, the migrate step becomes available. Click Migrate to begin the migration process.
- After the button has been pressed, you will be re-directed to the task page where you can monitor the status of the migration.
User Collection Migration performs a sequence of information retrieval prior to migration to ensure that the Users meet the set of requirements and encumbrances that will allow them to successfully migrate from their current Group to another.
- Retrieve User(s) Information.
- Check Migration Validity.
- Remove Users from Group.
- Remove Devices from Group.
- Add Phone Numbers to Destination.
- Add Devices to Destination.
- Add Users to Destination.
- Assign Devices to Users.
- Add User Service Settings.
Following the information retrieval process the full details of the Users are backed up for recovery purposes. The settings information retrieved is backed up as JSON. Announcement files and device configuration files are backed up in their original format. These files collectively can be used for recovery purposes.
Encumbrances are restrictions that are contained within the User's settings. These restrictions do not require a Destination Group to be determined and can be checked in advance for potential migration targets.
- Call Pickup Group Encumbrance - If a User is a member of a Call Pickup Group, the migration is encumbered.
- Meet Me Conferencing Encumbrance - If a User has a Meet Me Conferencing Bridge assigned, the migration is encumbered.
- Hunt Group Encumbrance - If a User is a member of a Hunt Group, the migration is encumbered.
- Group Calling Line ID Encumbrance - If a User has the same phone number as the Group Calling Line ID, the migration is encumbered.
- Enterprise Trunk Encumbrance - If a User is a member of an Enterprise Trunk, the migration is encumbered.
Requirements are restrictions on migration that are determined by inspecting the desired Destination Group to determine if the Users can be moved into the Destination Group.
- Group User Limit Requirement - If the Group does not have enough User space available to accommodate the migration, the migration is not valid.
- Intra-Enterprise Inter-Group Requirement - The source and destination group must exist within the same Enterprise or Service Provider, otherwise the migration is not valid.
- Domain Requirement- The Domain (e.g., "xyz.com") that is applied to the User (at the Profile), and to the User's Identity/Device Profile Line/Port, must exist in the destination Group, otherwise the migration is not valid.
- Service and Service Pack Authorization Requirement - Services and Service Packs that the User is currently assigned must be available within the Destination Group.
- Group Schedules Requirement - The schedules contained within the User’s Source Group must also be contained within the User’s Destination Group, otherwise the migration is not valid.
- Group Extension Length Requirement - The Destination Group must have a valid extension length for the User, otherwise the migration is not valid.
- Group Extension Availability Requirement- The Destination Group must have a the current User extension available, otherwise the migration is not valid.