Jobs Member of Technical Staff (Voice & Data Engineering)
Valdosta, Georgia, United States • Allows remote • Full time
Meets customer demands by designing, implementing, and maintaining voice over broadband networks.
ECG is looking for a Member of Technical Staff to join our group of consultants. Among the Carrier VoIP industry, ECG is known for Network Design, Integration and Troubleshooting. Our clients include some of the largest VoIP providers in the country, such as Cox Communications, Earthlink Business, and AT&T Mobility.
Your role ECG would be to help our clients design or operate their networks. This could include:
- Network Review and Analysis
- Day to day Troubleshooting
- Security Analysis and documentation
- Configurations of IP/MPLS routers, Ethernet switches, Linux servers, Session Border Controllers (such as Metaswitch Perimeta and Acme Packet / Oracle) SBC, VoIP Application Software (such as Metaswitch, Genband, BroadSoft BroadWorks)
- Training on IP networking, VoIP troubleshooting, and related topics.
- On-site consulting to help clients design & maintain their systems
- Software Development in Java or other languages
This position is available anywhere in the United States. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Telecommunications Knowledge, Telecommunications Technologies, Customer Focus, Network Design and Implementation, Network Hardware Configuration, Routers, Hubs, and Switches, Load Balancing and Scalability, Documentation Skills, Dealing with Complexity, Decision Making, Innovation
The position may involve significant amounts of travel to customer sites, with as much as 50% travel during the first two years and 25% thereafter.
A BS in CS or EE or related field is required. Transcripts will be required. Applicants that fail to meet this requirement will NOT be considered.
Apply for this job