Jobs Software Developer I
Valdosta, Georgia, United States • Full time
ECG has openings in Valdosta, GA for software developers to assist with the ongoing development of components critical to the evolution of the systems that power voice communications in the U.S. and the world today and tomorrow.
Associate's Degree in computer related discipline. Relevant education and/or experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis. Experience in systems design, programming and/or systems software and support.
Demonstrable knowledge of current programming language(s).
Ability to: Recognize and resolve system related problems; work independently and make necessary decisions throughout the systems process within department guidelines; perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively; communicate technical and complex information both orally and in writing.
This is a journey-level position, responsible for developing, modifying and maintaining standard programs and applications. May assist with broader more complex systems.
Applies standard programming procedures and knowledge of pertinent functional areas. Analyzes needs, designs, writes and tests new programs and applications. Maintains and revises existing systems and provides technical assistance to end-users, operators, and as well as to others within ECG. Works according to approved requirements and detailed specifications. Applies judgment in devising program logic and selecting and adapting standard programming procedures; obtains advice when precedents are unclear or unavailable.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develops, modifies and maintains assigned programs. Monitors the operation of assigned programs and responds to problems by diagnosing and correcting errors in logic and coding.
2. Reviews user requirements and needs for new software and performs analysis, design, implementation, installation and training related to new software developed and/or acquired.
- Analyzes and plans systems based on consultations with ECG management and/or staff. Documents system plan and establishes an implementation schedule.
- Designs and documents systems based on analysis results and further consultation with ECG management and staff.
- Develops databases, programs and procedures necessary to integrate and/or implement the system. Tests system fully to determine its operational reliability.
- Documents system for users and developers conforming to institutional standards.
- Assists user and operating areas in implementing and supporting systems including system installation, training and troubleshooting.
3. Carries out fact finding and program analysis of problems; applies established procedures to bring resolution.
4. Provides technical advice and support to users. This includes creating ad-hoc reports, data analysis and correction, training and problem solving.
5. Serves as technical advisor to user staff who do programming functions.
6. May install, modify and maintain systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provides server support related to network software.
7. May work on more complex programs under the direction of senior staff or supervisor.
8. May guide or oversee the work of other technical staff.
9. Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Exposure to video display terminals occurs on a regular basis. Learned physical skill is required for keyboarding and use of peripheral equipment. Moderate lifting occasionally occurs.
Note on Applying
You will be allowed to complete the online application only ONCE in a 12 month period.
Apply for this job