Alpaca Transfer BroadWorks Data Export
Unlock Your BroadWorks Data
Alpaca Transfer enables BroadWorks users to export their data to a text-readable JSON file format.
Every user, group, service, and setting is exported.
How It Works
The Alpaca Transfer functionality extracts all provisioning, services and settings for an Enterprise or Service Provider, including Call Centers, Devices, Hunt Groups, Users, Voicemail settings, and Call Processing Policies.
The Alpaca Transfer archive format combines easy-to-use JSON text so you can readily see every setting and how it’s used.
- Easy to read and edit
- Royalty-free format
All other files embedded in BroadWorks are embedded as literal byte-for-byte copies of the originals stored in BroadWorks on the Application Server or Profile Server.
- Voicemail greetings (WAV)
- Auto Attendant greetings (WAV)
- Call Center audio recordings (WAV)
- SIP Phone Configuration Files (XML, CONF, etc.)
- SIP Phone Uploaded Log Files (TXT, LOG, etc.)
- SIP phone Background Image Files (BMP, JPG, etc)
Full Export of Security & Authentication Data
Alpaca Transfer includes full authentication data to help you thoroughly understand and troubleshoot your BroadWorks users.
- SIP Authentication Settings: Usernames and Passwords
- SIP Phone Device Passwords
- Voicemail Passcodes
- Voicemail / Email / IMAP / POP3 Passwords
- Desktop / UC Client Passwords
- Web Login Passwords
The key authentication data are encoded upon export to prevent casual distribution, but can be decoded programmatically for plain-text access.
BroadWorks Voicemail Management Made Easy
Alpaca Transfer gives you full access to all Voicemail greetings, including No Answer and Busy Greetings. Greetings are stored in standard WAV files, and linked in JSON to the exact users and scenarios that deploy them. All Voicemail settings are exported, including:
- User receiving voicemail
- Their email, POP3, IMAP settings as used by BroadWorks for storage
- Number of rings
- Greeting types (Busy, No-Answer
- Voicemail forwarding and Carbon-Copy (CC) settings identifying where Voicemails should be sent
Complete Control for Call Center & Auto Attendant
Alpaca Transfer provides complete export of all Call Center and Auto Attendant settings, ensuring you can inspect and analyze every setting and call routing path.
- All recorded greetings
- All call routing settings and parameters
- All menu options and settings
- All queue depth and agent routing settings
How to Use It
There are many ways you can use Alpaca Transfer: for analysis and audits, backup and restoration, as well as complex data transformation. Here are a few specific use cases.
Combine with Alpaca Import to Build Complex BroadWorks Users
- Export the full Enterprise, Group, or User
Modify the settings in JSON to match your new needs:
- Telephone Numbers
- Group names and identities
- Standard voicemail greetings
- Auto Attendant routing
- Call Center setup
- All other BroadWorks features
- Import the JSON
You can build software tools to manipulate the Alpaca JSON export archive to generate new JSON Archives. Import your newly-created JSON Archives to create new Enterprises, Users, and Groups for easy bulk-import of complex user configurations.
Easy Transformation for SIP Device Management Projects
When you’re converting customers between SIP PBX phones, ATAs (Analog Terminal Adapters), NIDs (Network Interface Devices), eMTAs, from one version to another, or from one model to another, you need detailed info on the settings used by that SIP phone. Alpaca Transfer gives instant, unified visibility to all settings used to influence the phone’s behavior.
- Identity/Device Profile Type (aka "Device Type")
- All Tag values set on the individual device or at the group level
- All of the SIP device’s configuration files, including uploaded settings, logs, and background images
- All custom-uploaded configurations that were intended to handle special circumstances for individual SIP User Agent Devices
- Works with SIP phones like Polycom, Aastra, Mitel, Cisco
- Works with ATAs like Cisco, AudioCodes, Linksys
- Works with all other SIP devices that use BroadWorks FTP-based or DMS/XSP-Based Device Management
See more ways you can use Alpaca to unlock your BroadWorks data.
Want to hear more about Alpaca Transfer?
We’d love to walk you through the product and answer your questions.